Strawbale House

This blog is intended to chart our progress through the self-build process, from half-hearted plot-hunting through to completion of the build. The twist is that we're building the house from timber and straw (hence the blog title).

Click on the image at the end of each post to see that day's photos.

Wednesday 11 July 2007

July 11th - Tinkering

No Mal or Melvin today, and I had to prepare for a work trip, so Jack and I didn't get to the plot until late afternoon. Tested the various saws and leads I'd repaired last night, then Jack finished off some OSB sheeting and I set about one of the douglas fir support posts with a plane and a belt sander. Came up a treat, and I think they'll be lovely after a bit of oil or wax. Hamish (we'd taken the three boys along) found yesterday's paint tins, and made himself up like a Red Indian chief, or an Aussie cricketer with the thick, gloopy oil-based floor paint. Gave him a mild bollocking in anticipation of a telling-off from Anna for my negligence.
Floor-joists coming tomorrow (apparently!), so the lads will have plenty to do in my absence, and we should be ready to start on the roof at the start of next week.

No comments: