Strawbale House

This blog is intended to chart our progress through the self-build process, from half-hearted plot-hunting through to completion of the build. The twist is that we're building the house from timber and straw (hence the blog title).

Click on the image at the end of each post to see that day's photos.

Saturday 22 September 2007

September 22nd - sheeting &straw

No Melvin today. Mal sheeted the reveals around the windows we fitted yesterday. They look superb. The whole character of the room has changed. He was running short of plastic vapour barrier, so to free some up I took down the temporary weather protection from the front of the house and spend a large chunk of the day finishing the straw insulation. Anna turned up in the afternoon and helped me fit the breathable membrane.
Before leaving I did something I should have done months ago - I walked the perimeter of the property. I've alway thought it looks a bit smaller than the three acres stated in the deeds, but from the top of the banking at the north end of the field it looks HUGE. Some of the land I'd discounted as steep wasteground is actually anything-but.

With Mal and Melvin away next week and a plasterer due to start on a week tomorrow I'm going to struggle to have the place ready for him. If anyone fancies helping out for a day or two this week, I'd be delighted. No expertise needed. Give me a ring on 0173 440761 o drop me an email at damon.rodwell@gmail.com

No comments: