Strawbale House

This blog is intended to chart our progress through the self-build process, from half-hearted plot-hunting through to completion of the build. The twist is that we're building the house from timber and straw (hence the blog title).

Click on the image at the end of each post to see that day's photos.

Friday 24 August 2007

August 24th - slating

Nicked into Border Slate for 4 more roof-brackets first thing, and then for what was supposed to be a brief visit to Magnet in Galashiels to look at kitchens. Managed to escape an hour and a half later, bamboozled by a Rhodesian saleswoman. A little the wiser, and at least they now have my stair spec to quote against.
Another scorching day on the roof. Kept my shirt on after yesterday's roasting, but I think my neck copped it a bit. Made much better progress with the additional platforms on the roof, and towards the end of the afternoon I finally made it to the ridge-line. Felt like I'd conquered an Alp!
Anna brought the kids, who played reasonably happily for most of the afternoon, chipping away at a large boulder with seams of amethyst running through it.
Mal back tomorrow for one day only...
240807

No comments: